Monday 21 March 2011

Travel Preparations

COSTS: I am graduating this year, and will be pursuing a career in the finance industry. Five years from now i will be making salary from my full time job, which will be paying for this vacation.

CULTURE: English is the most common second language in Qatar. However if i wanna bargain in the shops I should brush up on my Arabic. 

Arabic 101:

Hello (welcome) - marhaba
Hello (peace be upon you) - assalamo alaykum
Good morning - sabah al khair
Good afternoon/evening - misaa al khair
Goodbye - ma’salaama
How are you? -  kaif halaak (m) / kaif haalik (f )
Please -  min fadlak
Thank you - shukran
Not at all - afwan
Yes - na’am
No - la
I want a taxi - ureed taxi
Right - yameen
Left  - yasar
Straight ahead - alatool
Let’s go - yalla
Finished - khallas
No problem - ma fi mushkila

SAFETY: The emergency number is 999. Qatar is a relatively safe place. Bring an emergency kit just in case.

WHAT TO BRING: Travel documents, lots of sun block, modest clothing and clothes that will keep me cool, camera with charger, my future blackberry with charger, maps and tourist pamphlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment